Visas and transcripts

Student Visas 

The Registrar´s Office at ULACIT requires foreign students to be up to date with the immigration authorities, and process the student visa if they do not have a permanent residence permit. Many students coming to Costa Rica for only one school term can use the tourist visa given at the moment of entering the country as far as it is given for a minimum length of 90 days (in such cases students would have to leave the country for 48 hours before the visa expires and return to continue with their study-abroad program (the Global Education Office usually coordinates a recreational tour to Panama to facilitate that process).  

The documents that should be provided by the foreign students are detailed in the following documents:

Steps to request a student visa

Pasos para adquirir la visa de estudiante


Credit Transfer

A grade transcript is always awarded to international students successfully fulfilling course requirements. The transfer of credits to programs hosted in the United States is sought on an individual basis and, if required, students should request authorization from their respective institutions prior to enrolling at ULACIT. Please contact the Global Education Office for credit transfer questions and requests from your university.


For further information, contact:


Leonel Durán
Director of the Global Education Office
(506) 2523-4154