The Alberto Cañas Escalante Library offers necessary bibliographic resources so that the students and professors can adequately comply with their teaching/learning and research activities.
▪ Virtual Consultation SIABUC collection.
▪ Borrowing or room: materias from the general collection of books, international journals, current articles and theses.
▪ Individual study rooms.
▪ Group study rooms.
▪ Specialized computer lab EBSCO search, which can also be accessed through Blackboard.
▪ Inter-library loans: agreements with the libraries of INCAE, UNIBE, Universidad Nacional (UNA), Instituto Tecnológico de Costa Rica (TEC), Legislative Assembly, Escuela Libre de Derecho and National Library. These services are free of charge to ULACIT students.
▪ Document scanning (up to ten pages).
▪ Information search: a review with references and full text in EBSCO and the Internet.
▪ Printing in black and white and color (cost upon requested service).
▪ Converting text files to PDF.
Virtual Library (ESBCO)
EBSCO is a database that offers full-text indexes and academic journals covering various areas of science and the humanities. Its collections are available via EBSCOhost, online system that combines high-quality content in an attractive page, with unique tools for searching and retrieving information. The search results provide links to the full text of articles.
ULACIT students have access to the following databases: Academic Search Premier, Business Source Premier, Academic Source Premier, Education Resources Information Center and Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection.
With this service, database, ULACIT students have access to the following: 17.329 full text publications, of which 7,004 are full-text journals and 5,294 are peer-reviewed journals (journals), a database of more than 500 full text publications in psychology and more than 800 full text journals in Spanish, and the database of authority in the field of education Education Resources Information Center (ERIC).
In the area of economics and management, provides access to full text journals 2.178, 4.257 case studies to full text company profiles 10.152, 1.418 reports of economic performance of countries, 3.023 SWOT analysis of major companies and 56 books.
Open Monday to Friday from 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M., Saturday from 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
During weeks 4, 9 and 14, the library remains open until 10:00 P.M. (from Monday to Friday) with the purpose of offering the students spaces to prepare for research papers and final projects.
For more information about the Alberto Cañas Escalante Library, please contact Andrea Aguilar, Library Director, or call (506) 2523-4015.
For more information, please contact the Global Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +506 2523 4095.