Study Abroad Programs
At the Global Education Office (GEO), we are a team of professionals who are passionate about International Education and multicultural learning. Our study abroad programs encompass a broad list of elective courses in an array of disciplines, international certifications, Spanish language learning courses, community outreach, internships, and service learning programs. You can choose from complementing your major with courses taken at ULACIT and obtain an international certification to experience the Costa Rican culture and language more deeply by enrolling in our service learning, internship or community work programs.
Along with the academic experience, GEO and ULACIT also offer you a broad range of services, including homestays, a culturally-enriched welcome and orientation sessions -including pre-departure orientation-- student clubs, computer labs and classrooms with specialized software and equipment. You can also take a break at our cafeteria, study at the library or use our individual and group study rooms and recreational areas all over campus.
Additionally, GEO advisors provide constant assistance on each aspect of your study abroad experience and facilitate different traveling options in Costa Rica and internationally to neighbour countries like Panama.
The Right Program for You!
- Semester Abroad. Students can enroll courses from any of our programs. Business Administration, International Relations and the TESOL programs are fully taught in English as well as some of our general education courses. If you are an advanced Spanish speaker, you can also opt for other courses taught in Spanish. At the end of your study abroad program, you will receive an official ULACIT grade transcript. Our Semester Programs start in January (Spring) and September (Fall) each year.
- Spanish Immersion Program. From introductory to advanced Spanish, we have the right Spanish language course for you. All our Spanish courses always include active learning and social activities with local students. The Spanish program runs on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- International Internship Program. This program allows you to have a global work experience as one of the very best things to prospect your career! You will be challenged to adapt both personally and professionally to multicultural environments, one of the most wanted soft skills nowadays. As an intern, you take part in company projects within small and medium enterprises in Costa Rica. The program runs on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- Spanish + Internship Program. It is a hybrid program especially designed if you who want to improve your Spanish skills before your internship starts. This program allows you to push your boundaries of what you are capable of in terms of professional knowledge while you communicate in a foreign language that will foster your career.
- Faculty-Led programs. customized programs adapted to each university or faculty’s needs and goals (length, topics & budget). The most popular programs we have run during the past years include: Peace Studies & Alternate Conflict Resolution, Tropical Ecology, Foreign Investment & Entrepreneurship in Costa Rica, Rural Sustainable Development and Inclusive Learning. For specific information or a proposal please contact us at email@example.com
For additional information, please download our International Programs Brochure and course catalogs below:
> Discover Costa Rica at ULACIT
> Summer Catalog
> Fall Catalog
For more information, please contact the Global Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +506 2523 4041.